WHY WE SUPPORT THE HELSINKI DECLARATION OF ETHICAL WORK IN THE PR INDUSTRY
1. Because each and everyone of us holds responsibility for the reputation of our profession. Ethics is the foundation of our work and it is our personal and professional duty to show respect towards all ethical rules in communication, on all platforms and in all communication channels.
2. Beacuse the ten stated principles represent a clear reminder of our professional rights and obligations.
3. Because the Helsinki Declaration stands firmly on all international priniciples of ethical work, including the one issued by the Serbian PR Association.
4. Because ethics is the core of our professional work.
5. Because credibility is all we have.
6. Because we strive towards highest professional standards in our work and communication.
7. Because unethical business behaviour is a universal problem and represents a major threat to every society.
8. Because we need to be conscious of the issue, shine light on the challenge and invest efforts in a joint manner to strengthen the reputation of our profession.
9. Because what we know, about the importance of these principles and ethical standards in best practice PR, is something you, as our partners, should also be aware of.
10. Because good relations can only be built based on respect of the law, truth, responsibility and ethics.
The Helsinki Declartion of Ethical Work in the PR Industry is available here